Monday, December 26, 2011

Life 101....DRAMA

Today I listened to a lecture. The speaker was passionate about cognitive therapy; big words for self doubt, negative self talk, and letting others wear us down. I found myself wanting to shut the man up. So I simply turned YouTube off. But then as my day progressed and ugly unfolded, I realized that some of this was so true.
Each of us make choices that effect our lives and those around us daily. Some of these choices are life changing. Some are for the good. Some are good for one and perhaps not so good for the others. Some choices are just flat out not good. I think I can safely say that the aftermath of our choices and the choices of others is what we have titled 'DRAMA'. And although we would each like to say that we don't want drama in our lives, or that we try avoid drama, reality is....we all have it, either self imposed or imposed by others. I think some drama can be classified as a "Natural Disaster". Natural Disasters are not anyone's fault and normally effect everyone in its path. Some drama is caused by one persons need for change. And although this can cause growing pain for the others that will undoubtedly be effected, the benefit to the one or the part can be so worth the price. And some drama is completely selfish. This drama is senseless.
Although all these types of drama are so very different, we will each encounter them. We will each be scared by them.
Again, it is how we deal with that drama, what we do with it, how we face it, how we treat others as we evolve with it. Who we become because of it, this will inevitably be, the refiners fire. We can take that drama in all its forms; the natural disasters, the beneficial yet painful and the stupid, and we can let them eat us alive, or we can hide from them and not notice the elephant in the living room or we can learn and grow.
I, once again, think its all perspective and attitude.
You can be negative about anything. You can also find the happy where ever you are.
Drama free?......No I am not, but I like who I am as I deal with it.
Life 101 is over for today. Class dismissed.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment