Sunday, December 11, 2011

He Loves Her!

Yesterday I spent the afternoon with my daughter. We hadn't had a "Mommy and Me" date in quite a while. Her life is busy, school, work, the awesome boyfriend and the puppy. We text regularly...well maybe not regularly enough. But we do keep in touch. We love spending time together. I adore her!
We were just out to enjoy the day! We went to Biltmore Fashion Park, Trader Joe's, World Market, AJ's and the fabric store. We were looking for this and that. Found this but not that.
We always like to do lunch alfresco. We shop for decedent sliced meat, cheese, and fruit. Yesterdays lunch consisted of Pastrami, Gouda, mixed berries and French Fries! Just fun!!! We chatted with the most charming produce man at the AJ's on 7th.
 He was CHARMING!
I love it when I have just one of my children all by them self. I get to give them all my attention, listen to all their life happenings, thoughts and events. I enjoy each of my babies so much. I wonder if it would be weird to have an afternoon with my son in laws. I would love that just as much! I am thinking about scheduling some time with Amy too....I just love her!!!
My daughter shared school info, work info, in law info. She told me the funniest story about a jewelry party... that I will blog later. So so funny! She elaborated on the game in laws love, and how she is just not that into playing it. I loved listening to how their room mate fits into their world. I love to hear how they parent their puppy!
I think my favorite part of the outing was listening to her tell me about Cole. I couldn't love him more if he was my own son. She told me how he helps with the housework (how the clean laundry lives in the dryer!)
I loved the story of when her world was slipping and she was falling apart, he took hold of her word and he made it stop, making her the only important thing there. He loves her. There is nothing more glorious to a mother's heart than to know that her daughter is truly and completely loved!
She also told me how when she woke up early that morning, and couldn't get back to sleep, Cole took her out to breakfast (charming, RIGHT!). But then he eat all her hash browns... NOT a good thing. That is reasoning for war .... he would have to make that up to her.
This morning I got these two pictures, along with a text that said "All is forgiven"
My gratitude for this young man who loves my daughter is crazy amazing! It is the small things that make our worlds right! And he gets it! I am grateful to have spent time with my baby girl, and also for the man that finds a heart shaped potato to make her homemade hash browns!!
CRAZY AMAZING!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment