Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas

Christmas Eve I received a letter from a friend, who touched my heart. Christmas morning my kids woke me up at 7:30am and by 8:30 two more were here in pajamas. On the front door, Santa's helper had left me the most thoughtful and kind gift; one that truly has humbled me, and I am so very very grateful for. The children had fun unwrapping their gifts. I was given Peace on Earth, by Amy! We had Christmas dinner at 10am.(Cookie was off to her dads at 11 and my son had work at noon) I wanted to make sure my kids had dinner together, so dinner in the morning worked for us. After the children were gone and the kitchen was clean, I headed to see my cousins. I toured the new home (beautiful and charming) and we exchanged treasures. There is something so nice about the feeling of belonging! We visited and caught up! I love them so!
I chatted with my Life Guru on my way home. He always helps me clear my head and see my path more evenly. I adore him! Another friend called to catch up, it had been seven or eight months since I had spoken with this sweet friend. And I was delighted to hear that life was good!
I received texts and emails all day from friends all over the country, I love that technology gives us that!
Christmas is one of the most anticipated days of the year, by far the most planned for. And although few of us can say that it ever ends up looking picture perfect, I know I am so grateful for each person that touched my day. I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment