Sunday, October 30, 2011

A bit of Heaven.....












The area is red rock hills and high desert.
The foliage is as close to 'fluffy' as I have ever gotten. And the leaves are changing! 
The rain in the past week has caused the creek to be the color of rich, 
slightly reddish chocolate milk. (Again with the many many joys of chocolate!)

I love the way the mist rises up from the creek as the sun comes up in the morning. 
The way you can see every star out there. 
The way the air smells...like just air.
The way the cold feels on your skin.
I love how as the sun sets, the temperature plummets, 
and as the sun comes back up it drops again.
I love the sound  the breeze in the trees, the birds, the bugs. 
But the sound of the creek has always been my favorite sound. 
I like the owl that lives near by. I saw him fly by. 
I loved how the Heron perched on the branch, as though allowing us to spectate. 
The ducks played in the water. 
The coyote kept tabs on the rabbits, squirrels and other critters. 
I loved every moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment