Saturday, October 15, 2011

 Last night I went to Octoberfest at a friends church. It is the second year in a row, so I guess I can claim this as a tradition! I liked the band, and all the fair activities.
I enjoyed evening, I enjoyed those I was with!
I woke up this morning at about 5am, to the dog sweetly asking for attention. I went into the kitchen to get a drink of water (it's almost 7:30 now and I have yet to get that water).
Instead I opted to be domestic. I have bread sticks rising in the oven and beef stew started in the crockpot. I ground flour from oats, rice and whole wheat, and labeled it. I am attempting a recipe for Texas Road House rolls as well. And I think I have enough all purpose flour to attempt beer batter bread also....and yes I do have the can of beer for just this occasion.
My house is perfectly clean, and all the laundry is washed and put away. I need to make my bed and go get the oil changed in the car this morning. While I am out I will get more flour, so I can make White Chocolate, Pecan Cookies again. They are yummy cookies!  A friend is coming over to take a peek at the funny thing the car is doing. He is a great man!!
I plan on going to the car show, out at Scottsdale Pavilions tonight. I hope to enjoy all those wonderful classics with my friend who is also a true enthusiast at heart. It looks to be a fun night!
On Thursday I saw my 'Sister/Cousins' (no cult thing by the way, just old fashioned fate and family bringing us together)...it had been far too long since I had joined them for Girls Night In. We made cute girl food and one of us got totally toasted! We chatted about all that we had been doing since we had been together last, and what our next steps are. We shared updated life paths and directions we hope to go in. I love these women. As we chatted, I came to the realization as I did again this morning (as I sit here in my kitchen in just a tshirt and apron, with flour all over me), my goals in life are simple. 
My wants are basic. My hope is to add a man to my life who wants the same things. Who wants a woman who likes to play house. Because that's what I want. . . the happy home, the fun, the domestic tranquility and the comfortable adventure. I'm not looking for a ring on my finger, just a hand to hold. 
     Bread sticks are out of the oven! They look perfect! Here is to a wonderful weekend!!!
http://eatcakefordinner.blogspot.com/2011/04/texas-roadhouse-rolls-copycat-recipe.html
http://www.azcentral.com/thingstodo/events/The_Scottsdale_Pavilions_Car_Show_934500443221
http://fullbellies.blogspot.com/2011/05/homemade-olive-garden-bread-sticks.html

2 comments: