Wednesday, December 29, 2021

WORK DAY

 Today is my last work day of 2021

It is also a dear coworker’s last day of work, but she will be retiring after today. She will be missed every day at our place of work, by her co-workers and clients. But I am so happy for her… for her new life event, her next chapter. 

I have worked many jobs over the years and I am so happy to have made the daily friendships with all those I have worked with. I believe that people are put in your pathway to learn from. I think we learn a little or a lot from other everyday. 

Retirement is something I look forward to. The ability to stop running the rat race. But as I look forward to that life event with quite a few years left to go, I hope I plan wisely. I hope I never give myself less of a daily challenge, less of a need to be social, less of a desire to learn and grow and do. I want to always have that desire for adventure, that need to do something new, explore a new place, try a new thing. 

Today is my last work day of 2021, I am glad to have a couple days off at the end of this calendar year to enjoy some of the things I enjoy outside of work. And I’m glad that 2022 will have so much more to bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment