Sunday, December 12, 2021

THE VIEW AT THE DRIVE THROUGH

As I left Nashville last night, I pulled into “Jack in the Box” to get my guilty pleasure…tacos! The fast food location I used to go to has closed, so I went to another location, that was way out of the way and in a sketchy area. The line literally took 20 minutes. (but I think they were just understaffed)
As I waited, I watched the world around me…
Two young people standing near the drive through having a private party of their own. Oblivious to the line of cars 10 feet from them. 
The food truck in the parking lot of the gas station next door. The food must have been good, because the location was sketchy and dark, but there were lots of people lingering there… but I didn’t see any food… very interesting. 
The minivan in front of me had children in it that were not in car seats or buckled. I could only see their silhouettes, but they were very rowdy. The driver, maybe the mom, was smoking (no judgement here). Then she tossed her cigarette out the window, into the gravel planter (not that anything is planted there) next to the restaurant’s exterior, several feet away from the take out window. Next, she hopped out of the minivan and crushes the discarded cigarette with her slippered foot, then gets back into the vehicle. THEN, she gets back out and picked up what I only assume was her crushed cigarette and gets back into her van.
 Okay!?!?
The staff inside the take out window are great! Clean cut, polite, friendly and efficient. Nice way to end this little taco experience. 
And No I did not eat any of the tacos on my drive home! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment