Thursday, December 30, 2021

MORNING DRIVE

There are things I could have done with my free day, but nothing sounded as good as going on a drive this morning. I made a thermos of blueberry tea and put on a pair of thermal lined socks. Then I stopped and got gas and a breakfast burrito with pico before I headed out of town. There were plenty of “fat happy cows” along the way and some lovely hawks too. As I drove along the Ohio River I took a look at a property I was curious about. I drove through the tiny town of Grandview, Indiana and was enchanted by the old houses with gingerbread decor. I saw a white squirrel in a yard, I had no idea there were any albino squirrels in this area. I know there are several up in Onley, Illinois, but not this far south. Fun!!!
I also saw the ugliest turkey, well I think it was a turkey. It was out in a field, it was big, but so ugly. 
I drove on through Troy, Indiana. Just enjoying the gray morning. Troy fades into Tell City right along that stretch of the Ohio River. There is a lovely big white house on the corner of Franklin, that has a white picket fence. It is truly lovely. In the carport there is a vintage tractor, even though the house is in town. I love driving through this stretch, it reminds me of the first time I visited the Midwest. It’s charming!
As I drove past the lock and damn near Cannelton, I marveled at the ingenuity. Then I drove back into the Hoosier National Forest there at German Ridge. I have driven there several times in the past few years. Where you can walk in the woods, listen to the patter of rain on the blanket of fallen leaves and enjoy the chill in the air. No matter what time of year you go there, it is always beautiful. But “no bugs” is sure nice this time of year!



♥️



No comments:

Post a Comment