Friday, August 13, 2021

TO LOOK FORWARD TO

 I always need something to look forward to. A life treat so to speak. It doesn’t have to be big or cost a thing, just a reward for getting through the here and now. I have felt this way all my life, but until I was in my 40s I never really put the need into a plan. Don’t get me wrong, I made sure my kids were celebrated on their half birthdays as well as the true date of birth. We celebrated all the holidays, including the obscure and national ones. 

Now I plan trips and getaways, I research quaint and unusual places. I hunt out cool restaurants and historic sites. And sometimes I just drive until I find a spot in the woods to wander. 

I think the planning is just as therapeutic as the adventure. Having something to look forward to, I believe, keeps us young at heart and helps to keep us and our relationships exciting and fun. 

♥️

No comments:

Post a Comment