Tuesday, August 17, 2021

5 YEARS AGO

Five years ago, this week, I took a road trip. It was the first time I had ever been to Tennessee.

I spent a several hours with a friend in Nashville. I saw the Parthenon and lots of other wonderful spots. I went to Franklin and wandered through The Factory at Franklin. Where I had the best donut EVER.

I drove through Chattanooga and saw wonderful things there. Including Lookout Mountain. I fell in love with Ocoee Dam and all its water ways. I loved all the green, all the mountains…everything in the Cherokee National Forest. I also crossed into the states of Georgia and North Carolina for the first time on that trip.

I fell in love with Andrews, NC., that is where the Cherokee County Rest Stop is. It is literally one of the prettiest spots ever. I found a farm stand where I bought fresh peaches!

Then I headed through the Great Smokie Mountains. I had never seen any place so amazing and wonderful. It was as though I had found my Heaven on Earth.

This was one of my favorite trips ever. Since then I have been on this trip several times, twice this year so far. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment