Thursday, March 15, 2018

Reading Literature

I went through a spell where I ordered several magazines. I have had more reading literature here than I need. I found out that there are a couple magazines that I do not even like. (I recycle those as soon as they come through the door.)
There are a few that I have started to donate to a guy at work. (I just couldn't toss those ones out.) There are some that I do enjoy, even if I can only find one article worth reading.
But when I got home today, there was a Reader's Digest in my mailbox. I did not order this. It was sent to my address, but not to me. I don't know who Mr Sherpa is, but I will read his magazine.
My grandmother got Readers Digest when I was little. I liked it then, and after flipping through this issue, I like it now too. A far better read than so much of the crap that fills my mailbox.
Maybe I am getting old...but maybe good reading literature should just be plain and simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment