Friday, March 23, 2018

SQUIRRELS

I love squirrels!
When I came to vacation in the midwest,
I was excited to see so many squirrels.
And delighted to watch that they truly do act
just like the animated squirrels in the
Disney movie "The Sword in The Stone".
It was the most wonderful discovery.
Since then I have been in love with them. 

There are a few squirrels near my home.
They are so fun to watch. 
On my way to work,
there is a charming house with large trees in its yard.
And there is a darling red squirrel thatscampers all over the yard and trees. 
In the past few days,
I have witnessed the spring flowers
 popping up along my path to work.
Spring is coming.
Yesterday, as I turned the corner,
near that charming house,
the red squirrel darted across the road ahead of me.
So, in my car, I told my little friend to stop 
running across the little road or he would get hurt. 

This morning...my darling red squirrel friend
was napping in the middle of the road. 
My heart broke. I am so very very sad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment