Friday, March 16, 2018

Heated Noises

I keep my little apartment cool.
I don’t like to pay for a big heat bill.
So when my heater kicks on,
you know the temp in here has hit 60*.
And that’s okay,
I appreciate winter,
it lets me use my cute little
throw blankets down stairs
if I’m on the couch.
And heat rises,
so my upstairs in comfy,
with a nice amount of cozy layers
on my bed.
But my heater makes noises
in the middle of the night.
Well maybe it makes noises all the time
and I only hear them at night.
The ducts make these little
knocking and tapping noises.
They are little, not big noises.
But you can tell that the noises come
from along the distance of the duct work.
Some upstairs, some down.
But my ears have been trained,
in over 30 years of super sonic
Mommy duty, so they hear every sound.
And they all wake me up.
Every night!
I am grateful for my heater.
It does what I ask of it.
But when I have build my own little house,
over the river and through the woods,
I will have a silent heater!

No comments:

Post a Comment