Friday, March 16, 2018

My Story

I met with my life coach.
I was told that we each have a story to tell.
I was asked a lot of questions.
Some were painful and difficult to answer.
Some made me cry.
The more I was asked the more I answered.
I was asked about my family, my children,
my loves, my friends.
I was asked about what I have done in my lifetime.
I was asked what I want in my future.
Some questions made me talk and talk.

Then, I was asked if I was hearing my story.
I had been sharing snip-it’s of my life, of me.
But stopping mid thought,
to be shown my story
that was being narrated by me,
was rather interesting.

My like coach took pieces that I had spoken
and described what was heard and seen as I spoke.

I was told that although I have lived through so many trials,
I have kept going
that my story is amazing to listen to.

I don’t know about all that,
but I did recognize the child like excitement
and exuberance when I described what
I want to do with the rest of my life.
Like a child explaining Christmas morning.

Retracing my story,
the pieces I had shared //  the question I was asked
and the answers I gave...
in that moment I could see my story,
those highlights that were kind of floating out there
like thought bubbles.
Even though the live version of my story has
had far too many shitty moments.
I am living an amazing story.

And the best parts are yet to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment