Sunday, March 25, 2018

Friday Fun

Oh, My Gosh.....Let me tell you what I did Friday!
I took a half day off and so did my friend Dave.
He had been planning this for months.
We drove north. Not too far.
The weather was nice, not cold.
Along our way, we saw a country house
with dozens of chickens.
Then there was a deer along the edge of the woods.
It was beautiful.
It was a great drive,
I would have been happy with just that.

We were going to Gasthof Amish Village.
(I had been there before with my Kentuckiana Kids,
but only to peek at the antiques.)
As we neared the property, there was a perfect,
very large, dark horse on the hill.
I thought at first that it was a statue.
But then it moved. It was magnificent.
There was also a beautiful Shetland Pony.
I loved it.
Dinner was nice, I loved the blue cheese dressing.
I bought Amish Apple Butter and Maple Syrup.
I looked at all the beautiful quilts;
but most were machine stitched.
The hand-stitched quilts where not nearly as lovely,
the stitching was sadly not lovely,
and they wanted $150+ for them.
No quilt buying today.

As we headed out again,
we passed a darling little country house,
with Batenburgh lace curtains. I loved it.
Then we headed into true Amish country.

There are sections of the roads
that are designated to the Amish.
I saw so many Amish buggies! I loved it!

We were headed to Dinky's Auction.
There are two very large buildings.
The Amish and not so Amish all parked
and wandered around to see all the things!



I saw ALL THIS HAY....do you know
what my first thought was?

I saw so many things; this chair that
folds into an ironing board. (I own one
that folds into a ladder.)
I saw a wooden ironing board that was
so old and simple. I wanted it! It was
so wonderful!!!

I loved this old sewing machine. It even
had the original wooden needle case.

There were SO MANY CHICKENS



There were goats and lambs!



THIS

is

a very

beautiful

WHITE PEACOCK!
There was a beautifully colored
peacock there too!

So Many Chickens!!

And so many different breeds of
rabbits!













AND there where Hedgehogs!
I touched this one. They are so poky!
They sold for $75.00 WOW
A mighty expensive rodent.

There were a pony and a donkey. Cute

This is a VERY LARGE PIG!!



This goat was alone and sweet.

These goats were all in a small pen.
The big white one, with large horns,
was a BULLY. He was not very nice
to his roommates at all.



These are Fainting Goats.
They were tiny and cute.
But they did not faint.
Not even once.



Darling!!!

Potbelly Piggs!!!!!

There were so many little animals
and cages, and eggs for sale. We only
watched this auction. There were at least
3 more I think. All over the buildings.

The man in the back, in the black beany,
 is the auctioneer. the man sitting next to
him wrote down everything. The young
men in the black beany and hat showed
all the animals.
The auctioneer was so so funny!

Ducks, quail, and pigeons.



This lady was there to see the sale of
her chickens. She even bid on more
chickens. She sells the eggs for $3 a
dozen. I asked her what was better
about her eggs than what I bought at
the store. She told me all kinds of
information. I really liked her.

This lady was there to buy a goat.
She said she already had two.
I asked her what she did with them.
She said she thinks they are cute and
she just has them to play with.
She bought a baby goat and lamb!!

Dave fed the lamb. I loved it!!!



This boy was so out of place here with
the Amish and the livestock!

Amish Parking!


I can tell you that this was by far the
very best Friday Date Night I have
had in a very long time.
(since June 14, 2013!)
I will go again! I loved it!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment