Thursday, March 8, 2018

People

I love working at a job that gives me the opportunity to work with people face to face. Not that I love working with all people, some are just tough to deal with. But once in a while, I get a true gem in my office. This afternoon I was working on getting some loose ends tied up before I cleared my desk when a lady walked in and came right over to my desk. (Normally everyone checks in at the front desk then they are sent to the correct agent. But sometimes it doesn't quite work out that way.) This lady was not only delightful to talk travel with, but she showed the same exuberance I feel about travel; everything is new and amazing. We talked about lots of travel options and I gave her some things to take home to share with her husband. Our conversation led from one topic to another, then another. I am always so surprised and touched that people just share their lives with me. Often saying, "I never tell anyone this." I love that people feel so at ease with me. Sometimes it's like some people just need to be heard, they need to share, they need to feel like someone is listening to them without judging. Just listening and supporting. I am happy to be that.

No comments:

Post a Comment