Saturday, July 2, 2011

Friday Night Date on Mill Ave

Now I can check that off my Bucket List! BUT... I think I will add it to the Repeat List!! Spontaneous and Fun! I had a Really Good Time!

The man playing the electric guitar. His dreadlocks
were some of the nastiest I have ever seen.
One was about two inches in diameter and 
 reached his shoes. 
 Interesting! But he played like Hendricks.

This guy with the drum was great,
you could hear him playing up and down the street.
There are so many musicians  along Mill.
I tipped the kid playing guitar, his Latin American
style was romantic and spicy!
The Grain Silos are all that is left of the mill.
Thus the name sake for Mill Ave

The Mill Ave Bridge
This is the old bridge, you can see the new one beyond.
A lovely piece of AZs architectural history.
A personal favorite of mine!
I remember as a kid, before they put in the
Tempe Town Lake,
driving over the 100 year floods that would rage there
in the Salt River bed, was supper scary to me.
Now its just lovely!


This shop is named "Happy  Healthy High Horny"
Need I add any other comment?

Loved this spot!
I would love to do my cute "Cookiez" room to match this cute sign!
How yummy is that!


There is a section on Mill that looks like an ally way.
But it is full of little shops stacked haphazardly on top of each other.
There are fountains and a small waterfall.

There is a one chair barber shop, it has a window front.
And its no bigger than my walk in closet!
Its delightful.

When I was a teenager, there was a
second hand book store up on the top level.
You had to climb steep stairs to get to it.
It's no longer there. I think the stairs
may have been against the fire code!
I remember it being enchanting!



Time to head home!
I had been up since 3am so by 10 pm I was
ready to start wrapping up our date.

The weather was great for  July 1st,
the company was impeccable!

Dinner was fun, but way messy.
(hope that spot comes out of my new top)

And who knew Rolo's and Oreo's are so
so so yummy in frozen yogurt!!!

I had a great time!
Thanks PJJ

2 comments:

  1. Angie, I guess everything happens for a reason. It sounds as if Friday had a great ending for your afterall. Am I right to assume that? Really enjoyed your post about Mill Ave. Thank you for sharing. Love you. SMILE! It makes people wonder what you have been up to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie 'Anonymous' is me, Marge. Did not know how to do it any other way.

    ReplyDelete