Sunday, July 10, 2011

Christmas In July

Each year I try to get my children to write a letter to Santa. It is very rare that this has ever been done. Yet I do make the request each year.This past Christmas 2010 was no different. Macy's even put up old post boxes to collect the letters that the children wrote. Yet none of my children wrote the letter.
Well, not that I knew of.
Jessette had actually written a letter to Santa. But she had never sent it, I didn't even know about it until tonight when she called me. She had put it in her school bag, then forgot about it. Today she was cleaning out that bag, her next semester at school starts this week, she was prepping. And there was the letter.

As she reread her Christmas Wish list, a holiday miracle happened. My baby girl saw that Santa and maybe God as well, do listen and do give you what your heart truly desires.

My daughter had asked that she would no longer be alone. She wanted to be loved. She wanted a man with specific qualities and characteristics. A man who would care for her, love her for who she is, and fill all the other needs she has.

Let me fill you in on what happened after the letter was written!

Christmas morning she received a text from Cole. She had not heard from him in a year. The last time she had seen him, I am sure they both agree, they thought would be the LAST time.

Yet here he was, Christmas morning.

She said "Mom he fits each thing on my wish list perfectly, every one!" She went on to tell me that she didn't think Santa or God really listened. Yet everything she had asked for, she received. Perhaps this Christmas miracle is two fold. She got just what her heart desired for Christmas in December. And for Christmas in July she got the knowledge that someone above dose listen and love her too.

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to write a letter, now. For sure!

    Can I put it in Jessette's magic schoolbag? :)

    ReplyDelete