Thursday, July 7, 2011

......Her Little Girl Self

My Cookie did something this week that I knew would come, but I didn't ever want to think about.
It came from out of the blue, I was blind sided. I could not cope, and I didn't deal well at all.
Lucky for Cookie and me, Jessette came to visit for the afternoon.( She played the part of the buffer.
She did, and said, and helped, in the ways I would have had I been able to be rational. Jessette gave
Cookie the support and experienced help required to make her move, and do it with confidence. She gave me the opportunity to breath, step away from the issue and let it happen in my babies time.)

Cookie packed up all her Barbies, even the collectible ones. She packed up the furniture, the clothes, the stuff, the cars. I was beside myself. She played with them far longer than my other girls did. I guess I just though it would go on forever. I had hoped anyway. I helped her move the boxes and the Barbie house to the garage. I didn't cry.
But she didn't stop there. She took down the rose garlands that where around her room. (I bought all those before she was born). She removed the framed "Bearly Dancers" picture from her wall. It was in her sisters room for years and I had had it in my room as a girl. (I think is will go in the girl bathroom now, I just cant part with it.)

We put the posters she had been collecting on the walls. And I am sure there are more changes to come. I dont think she knows just what she wants her bedroom to state yet, but she will figure it out. She made room for lots of  TEEN to explode all over it.

She is a wonderful young lady! I adore her. And I think when she is away for the weekend I will have a good long cry. Because this week I watched my baby pack away her little girl self.

No comments:

Post a Comment