Thursday, June 24, 2010

Mrs. Farington


When I was a very little girl, we lived across the street from Mrs. Farington.
Her children where grown and gone. And she had the most wonderful garden!
My older brother and I would go to her house and help in her garden. I'm sure we were more trouble than help, but she always made us feel welcome and at home.
When we were finished she would have us wash our hands and she would make us the most wonderful snack.
I have always toyed with the thought of opening a small cafe and serving Mrs. Faringtons snack as the "House Special". To this day, I still love having Cream Cheese Frosting between Graham Crackers with lemon aid.
And I know that somewhere in Heaven Mrs. Farington is tending the most delightful garden, and serving a special snack!

1 comment:

  1. How lovely (: Great post! Just found your blog and became a follower. I look forward to reading future posts (:

    Michele
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete