Friday, October 1, 2021

BREAKFAST

When ever I travel I try to eat at local spots and mom and pop joints. I try never to eat at a place that is the same as I can get within 50 miles of where I live. 
When we were in Phoenix last month I had a craving for Mimi’s Cafe’s Honey Bran Muffins! I am not a real muffin fan, I could live without any type of bread, cake or the like. But I wanted that muffin. So we pulled in to the Arrowhead location and it was just as charming as always. Years ago it was the spot where I would meet girlfriends for breakfast and girls night out each month for appetizers and desserts…and girl talk.
But this morning I thought we would just run in for a quick bakery pick up and go. When we got there it smelled delightful, so we opted to sit for breakfast. 
John had Eggs Benedict (the first of 3 mornings that week, and the very best as far as authentic) and I enjoyed a quiche. They only had one of my favorite muffins, so I took it to go. 
It was very nice to enjoy this favorite spot again. 










No comments:

Post a Comment