Friday, October 22, 2021

SIP OF TEA

My granddaughter is 22 months old now and she talks a mile a minute. But she doesn't speak English. She has seen doctors and had tests run. The doctor explained that it is as though she is hearing everything from under water.

She has been mimicking tones and sounds, and her mommy can decipher her voodoo talk.

Yesterday she had tubes put in her pretty little ears. And last night her mommy said that "She stops and looks intently at me when I say something, even things I have said a million times."

Today her mommy let me know that baby dear is making sharper sounds, not as mumbled as she was used to.

And when Mommy asked baby dear if she would like a sip of tea... Baby Dear said…

"Sip of Tea."

These are the most wonderful words ever! I am tickled to know that such a tiny little surgery can make such a huge difference in my granddaughter.


No comments:

Post a Comment