Monday, October 18, 2021

FEED CORN...WHO KNEW?

I was walking with a friend about gift giving today. 

She was telling me about giving weighted 

eye pad and neck rolls to relieve tension. 

I told my friend that I had made them years ago, 

filling them with Feed Corn. 

I had gone to a strange place called a 

Feed Store to get a 25# bag of this Feed Corn. 

Everyone got a freezer/microwave bag 

with a flannel case to go with it that year for Christmas. 

I was such a city girl, trying to be a country girl 

while still living in the big city. 

I had no idea what feed corn really was. 

Several years later, when I first moved to Kentucky, 

my little farmhouse was surrounded by feed corn fields. 

So, I walked into the field one day 

and picked an ear and ate it. 

It was young and tender, 

but I then understood the difference of feed corn.


I sure hope someone is videotaping my life.

Everyone should get a chance to laugh with me as I go!

I love the life journey I am living!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment