Friday, June 11, 2021

LIGHTNING FAST


Next week marks 8 years since I first visited Kentucky. 
That week was wonderful, I saw new things, went new places, tried new food, and thoroughly fell in love!
On Sunday that week, I took shelter in a barn when a downpour caught me in the woods. As I sat down in the old yellow chair that was out there, I watched this really long worm, moving lighting fast, as he joined me in the barn. I just lifted my feet and waited for the rain to stop. Being the city girl from The Valley, I had never seen such a long worm before. But just like never seeing poison ivy before, I didn’t have a clue what was all around me. 
It took me a few years of Kentucky living to know that worms here don’t get that crazy fast or long, but little snakes do!
I loved that week in Kentucky. Best vacation ever. So glad I now call it HOME! ♥️

No comments:

Post a Comment