Saturday, June 12, 2021

HYDRANGEA


Each morning I try to start my day with 60 minutes of peddling. I do this from the front room of my little house. Often I catch up on the world happenings on my phone while I do so, but most of the time I enjoy the view from my front window. I get to see the weather report (right now we have clear sky’s with no wind… yesterday, dense fog with wind). I get to watch the neighbors go about their morning. And my favorite part, I get to see the seasons change in slow motion. The bare trees of winter bud in spring and put on the finery of floral and green. And in summer the hydrangeas are out in all their glory. The neighbor’s beautiful hydrangeas are covered in pink and blue flowers the size of small melons. They are a delight to watch as my hour spins by. I love each season here in the Midwest, it’s like Mother Nature knows how to display the best part of each season here. I love the beauty that surrounds me. And when summer fades, I know that the dramatic colors of autumn will play the lead in my window show. But for today, I’m loving the beautiful hydrangeas!

No comments:

Post a Comment