Saturday, June 12, 2021

NO CELL SERVICE

I was on the phone with my daughter when the call dropped. My last text didn’t go through either. I plugged the charger in and it said there was an error. I turned on WiFi calling and called Verizon. 
I had no bars. Not even a part of a bar. Something was wrong. I called Verizon, not once, not twice but three times. Tara had me do a forced update after she said she just spoke to someone else who had the same issue. That is where I lost Tara. Denise helped me get my plan updated, but she couldn’t help with the cellular issue. She transferred me to Mark in IT support. He really couldn’t tell me what was wrong. Even though I asked all three if there was an outage, no one knew. He opened a ticket and said if it is an outage it could take up to a week to get it fixed. If it was a issue with my home they could fix it in as few as a few hours up to a week to have an idea
Mark then advised me to run over you the Verizon 
store and let them replace the new phone I just got two weeks ago. So I got in my car and drove 45 minutes to the Verizon store. Where I was met outside be dozens of question laden Verizon cell phone owners and a handful of Verizon employees. Who proceeded to let us all know that there was an known issue. It was not our phones but a nation wide issue. 
Being without cell service just reminded me how dependent I am on my phone and how much I am at the mercy of the cellular powers that be. Ugh
It took about 6 hours to get it up and going again. And I sure was glad it wasn’t really the start of the zombie apocalypse. 

Life is better will cell service!

No comments:

Post a Comment