Saturday, February 24, 2018

Flooding

It’s been raining for days. I love the rain, but this rain that keeps going and going is crazy. There are flash flood advisories and all the lower bottom land is flooded already.
Last night I went to sleep listening to the rain. It woke me in the middle of the night. It greeted me when I got up this morning. It was pouring when I went to work and still poured when I got home.
My back yard is all water, the parking lot out front is covered in earthworms that have been flooded out of the soil.
I left my place at about 4:30 this afternoon. Visibility was down to about a 1/2 mile. It was pouring. I picked up my friend, everything was wet, but no problems, so he drove to dinner. On our way we drove along the rail line close to the river, you could see that the Ohio was right up to the edge of the road. It was still pouring when we made our way into the Victory Theater for the concert. The roof was leaking. But when we walked out of the concert about 9:30 the rain had finally ended. As we drove up to his place we saw that the block he lives on was totally flooded. A 4x4 truck was stalled in the middle of the flooded street. So we weren’t going to risk my little suv’s pride in all that water. We drove around a few blocks, and found that the flooding was localized. It was deep. One of his neighbors said it had been 2 feet higher just a couple hours earlier. As I drive home, east on the Lloyd, the on and off ramps were uner water, so were side streets. The man holes in the road near my apartment complex, looked like fountains, bubbling up from the ground. Very scary and creepy.
We may get a bit more rain tonight, but then we are looking for dryer weather for a few days.
I love the rain, but I don’t like so much water!!!
Next Day...
The river is right up to the road down town and right up to the 69 highway.
A LOT OF WATER!

No comments:

Post a Comment