Saturday, February 10, 2018

Deer

I always hope, as I drive through the country, that I will see wildlife. I have lived in this area for a few years now, and seeing squirrels, raccoon, groundhogs and deer still thrills me. Living in Evansville limits most of my wildlife spotting to those critters whom are napping on the side of the road... if you know what I mean. But when I’m driving outside the city, I’m always hopeful to see the living verity.  This week as I took my drive, I had Disney songs playing, to keep my mood light. I tend to pray as I drive, I don’t know if it’s because I feel I have a captive audience during a drive or if the Lord does, but we sure do cover a lot of ground together. During this weeks drive I think he was holding my emotional baggage as I drove. I think he knew I couldn’t hold anymore on my own. He had provided beauty throughout my drive, and calmness and steadiness when I didn’t think I could breath. I know that each time I am out for my drive, I will have the chance to listen and a chance to be heard. On highway 60, the speed limit drops to 30 or 35 as you enter the town of Hawesville, Kentucky. And as I slowed my car, I watched the most beautiful deer run right in front of me. I could see her beautiful fur; her coloring was so lovely, her muscles so impressive. Had I been going any faster we would have collided. But I was doing the speed limit. And as if in slow motion, I got to see her make it from one side of the highway to the other. I thanked my co-pilot for the wonder I had witnessed. It surely was a gift. My drive wasn’t over, but I truly felt at that moment that our talk along the way had been rewarded.

❤️ I wanted to share. It was beautiful. Eek

No comments:

Post a Comment