Sunday, May 1, 2011

My Personal Haven

Today I cleaned my house. Not a big deal, I do that regularly. I like it tidy. I like it to feel and look good. I am not a neat freak nor am I anal about my house. But I like it clean! If someone stops over unexpectedly, I want to know that I will not die of embarrassment as they walk through my doorway!
I would like to say I am good at multi tasking, but the honest description of my cleaning method, would be that I am easily sidetracked. So I end up doing ten things at a time. Normally all the things do get finished, but by the end I am exhausted.
On the weekends that my children spend with their father, I try to get it all done (the dusting, bathrooms, shutters, laundry, bedding, floors, yard work). (I even washed the lightbulbs in my bathroom today... okay maybe a bit anal)
But, there are areas in my home that I tend to neglect continually. My room is one of these areas. But today it is in great order!!! (A friend stopped in this very afternoon and I had no hesitation about letting her come right in my room to see something).
But no one, other than my children, ever gets to see my closet. I have a very large walk in closet. It actually rivals the size of Meg's bedroom. But for some unknown reason I stash, toss, shove, dump and totally neglect this one personal haven in my house.
Well, no longer! It has been cleaned, decluttered and organized. Bags for charity and bags for recycle have been filled and hauled out. All clothing is hung or folded. All shoes have a home...I had no idea how many pairs I truly have! I now have places to organize gift wrapping, gift collection, and project organization as well! It is a very large closet after all!!!
I am delighted with my efforts, and once again I love my closet! And yes I am totally exhausted!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment