Monday, May 23, 2011

Some of the things I LOVED about the weekend!

  1. Having my Son drive me to the air port.
  2. Watching the sun rise over the mountains from the terminal.
  3. Having 46 rows of seats on the plane and only 30 passengers, no problem finding a window seat.
  4. The feeling of the air plane lifting off the ground.
  5. Renting an economy car for $42.00 for three days!
  6. Getting upgraded to a Grand Marque for $42.00 for three days!!
  7. GPS on my iPhone.
  8. Seeing a dear friend for the first time in 5 years and it feeling like we hadn't missed a day.
  9. Everything is green. Even the medians on the freeway.
  10. Perfect weather.
  11. Snow on the mountains, even though back at home its in the 90s.
  12. Homemade Peanut butter Chocolate bars.
  13. Old schools that have Wonderful Charm.
  14. Viewing old houses and wonderful architecture.
  15. Having kids at home taking care of each other.
  16. The view from the Bountiful temple. 
  17. Having the time to think and ponder.
  18. Having a friend call you, at just the right time, to help you digest what you are pondering.
  19. Hugs from boys that I love, who went and got big, but are still my boys.
  20. Feeling at home.
  21. Knowing my son will  have a party in my house while I am away, and not having to worry.
  22. My babies first trip to Girls Camp, with out me there. But knowing she is in wonderful hands.
  23. Breakfast with the Bride.
  24. Embarrassing the Bride to be with fun honeymoon treasures!
  25. Helping the Bride get ready for her big day.
  26. Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue.
  27. Watching the new family interact.
  28. Seeing Emma sharing boy info with her new mom to be.
  29. Seeing the groom pace, although he would tell you he was just staying busy.
  30. Watching how the step kids all interact so well.
  31. Seeing a family pull a wedding together so beautifully.
  32. Getting to deliver the wedding cake.
  33. How Grandpas back yard was the perfect place for the wedding.
  34. Little boys playing in the dirt, and finding fun bugs.
  35. Little girls practicing holding the train. 
  36. Two young men walking their mom down the isle.
  37. The groom kept touching the brides elbow as the Bishop spoke.
  38. How happy all the young people in the wedding party were. 
  39. How happy the Bride looked. It was delightful!
  40. First kisses as Husband and Wife!
  41. Happy family pictures.
  42. Cutting of the cake.
  43. How proud Grandpa was so proud of each of his grand children and great grandchildren.
  44. Strawberry and lime slushy!
  45. Clean up was done by 6pm.
  46. My son posted a video note to me on FB, just to keep tabs.
  47. My new granddog, Harley Quinne!
  48. Trees everywhere.
  49. Having a place to stay, where I felt at home.
  50. Early morning tourist trip.
  51. No freeway traffic on Sunday morning!
  52. Walking through gardens.
  53. Time for Pondering.
  54. Feeling at peace on my chosen path.
  55. Blogging from my phone.
  56. Purple Irises.
  57. Wonderful Victorian houses.
  58. Winding roads.
  59. Views from the mountains.
  60. Rainy travel.
  61. Early morning shopping.
  62. Car chargers.
  63. Parks everywhere.
  64. Berries for breakfast.
  65. Slate roofs. 
  66. Chatting with friends no matter where you are in the world.
  67. Wonderful Architecture ( I know, but I can say that twice, I love it!!!)
  68. A penpal that knows he can say it like it is, and I will still listen. Even when I want to hate him.
  69. Seeing a glimpse of what you are searching for, when you know you have no clue yet
  70. Pedicure...even though no one saw my feet.
  71. Potholes in the street, so I can appreciate the roads at home.
  72. Fast security at the airport, when you are racing the clock. 
  73. The extra security measures that pull me to the side to swipe my hands for mystery chemicals.
  74. For the SLC air port not being any bigger, since my plane was at the very end!
  75. The nice guy who gave me his widow seat.
  76. "Rolling in the Deep" by Adele, on my iPhone the entire trip home.
  77. The ability to take all my stuff as carry on.
  78. Being able to see my neighborhood from the air.
  79. Having a van full of kids pick me up from the air port.
  80. Jessette for being the very best big sister. 
  81. Having my house clean and tidy, even though I know it was full of kids while I was away.
  82. For a dear friend, that messaged me from girls camp to let me know my Cookie is doing well.
  83. Sleeping pills.
  84. Midnight texts to make sure I made it home. 
  85. Taking the day after the trip off so I can lay in bed in my nightgown, blogging! 

1 comment: