Monday, May 23, 2011

Purple Irises

I love Purple Irises.
When I went to Temple Square I was sure I would see them every where, as I have each time I have gone in the spring. But I was very surprised to find none in the gardens or in the square.
Do you ever think, and I may be odd here, but that God leaves little things here and their to let you
know you are on his mind, that He is thinking of you, that he loves you?!
Well I was sure there would be purple irises, for me there at the gardens. As I walked Sunday morning, every thing was beautiful, as always. Even the upturned flower beds looked lovely.
There were no irises. I looked everywhere. Not obsessively, just as I pondered.
I did alot of thinking there in the quiet calm. 
Those lessons I was taught and stored away until I are ready to comprehend them,
where put into place. I was where I needed to be that morning.
The weather was beautiful. When I was just about finished digesting my lesson from long ago, 
and blogging it, the weather started to change. It was getting cloudy and cold. And the breeze was 
picking up. Almost like I was being thanked for coming, but gently sent on my way.
As I walked back through the gardens, I tried to notice the little things, the architectural elements that may be missed, or the even cobble stones. 
The last few steps at the east end of the gardens are next to a water fall. I was thinking how it almost didn't fit, its too contemporary. But then again, it is lovely, and everyone likes different things. 
Something for everyone, right! I hurried up the steps, and as I did....
There in the corner of the waterfall flowerbed, was one Iris plant. It was purple. 
I had looked at each bed, all along my walk. And found none. But here at the very end,
was my gift, to let me know I was thought of. I was remembered. 


No comments:

Post a Comment