Sunday, April 30, 2023

QUIL

The word QUIL is derived from the Greek word for Juice. 

I should have known I was coming down with something Saturday morning, when I finally got out of bed yesterday morning and took a shower. I felt like t was going to pass out. After a bit I did some rehydration and consumed some protein. Other than being chilly I felt better. When I was heading to the races in the afternoon,  I realized I had a sore throat. At the race track I sat in the rain for 45 minutes and I joyed dirty, race fuel filled, second hand smoke filled air for several hours. Finally getting to bed around 1:30 this morning. I felt exhausted. This morning after waking up, I went back to bed. I felt icky. 

That brings me to Quil. At 8 am today, I took 2 of my ‘I feel icky and my throat hurts’ pills. They helped. But at noon it was time to take more. But being out of my go to pills, I reached for the bottle of orange DayQUIL. 

Yes it is liquid so thus it could be mistaken for orange Juice. But only in appearance. I can remember the first time I took Niquil… GROSE!!! Yes it worked but oh my stinking heck is it nasty. Well, my conclusion about DayQuil is the same! GROSE!!! That tiny medicine cup of orange ickyness better do a good job, because that was just nasty! 

And yes I know that there are pills of that stuff. But have you seen the size of those? That’s not happening. 

QUIL… kind of sorta on the same note… ZzzQuil is wonderful. In pill form, it helps me sleep through the night. One little purple pill and a sleep like a baby. 

Why can’t the other Vicks QUIL products taste less horrible?

It’s not juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment