Sunday, April 9, 2023

EASTER WEEKEND

Moving to the Midwest taught me that Easter colors are truly all about Spring. Yesterday after work, we went on a bike ride. The trees are all in bloom, greens, pinks, whites, and the Easter flowers (daffodils) are everywhere! It looks like God did some watercoloring all across the countryside. I love where I live, it’s beautiful! 
Everyone celebrates Easter differently. For me it comes down to the time to renew. The earth is ready for planting and everything is in bloom. It’s all new! 

Yesterday Miss Mayberry dyed eggs and that was darling to watch. She loved all the baby eggs. 


Last night I went to a Catholic Easter Mass. It was long and like nothing I have ever seen before. In the past I have attended a couple Baptist services and a Catholic wedding. All interesting and very different from the church services I grew up with. 
The Bible verses were familiar, I have read the scriptures completely several times, and the stories are comfortable to me. The actions and repetition were very different to me. But I went in support of those being baptized and confirmed. That too was very different than what I grew up with. I am glad I could support those who made commitments last night and view a new religious event for my book. 


Late last night I fell asleep listening to my son as he streamed. I love falling asleep to his voice. 

Today, Easter Sunday, I filled colorful eggs with all sorts of chocolate, I baked a ham and made Jello salad and angel cake. We shared the day with kids and grandkids. I took a Sunday drive with my ladies and shared spring with them. 
The Missionaries stopped by this afternoon and I felt like my spiritual bucket was completely filled. 
I even took time for an afternoon nap.
 I feel like Spring has sprung and all my Easter boxes have been checked. I hope the weekend was good for everyone else too!





No comments:

Post a Comment