Tuesday, April 11, 2023

LEIGH

I met Leigh last year, but when she came to visit me this morning I didn’t recognize her. I may not be very good with names but I almost always remember a face. But not today. As she sat at my desk and we chatted, I remember her almost immediately. But she was right, she looked very different from the last time she visited. Her hair had been long, full and blond. Now she has a very short, salt and peppered cropped haircut. She told me that the month after we last visited, she was diagnosed with lung cancer. In the months that followed she went through radiation and chemotherapy. Her tumor has decreased in size and the cancer has not spread. A win for sure. 
But just as wonderful is her attitude and love for life. She is positive and happy. Leigh is the poster child of Living Life to The Fullest. She touched my heart today and I told her how very proud I am of her. 
None of us know what is in our future. But as we take the forks in the road and maneuver through the construction zone pathways of life, we all have the option to dwell in the negativity or rejoice in the gift of each day. 
Leigh is such a great example of how we should all be living. 
I am grateful for the reminder that life is a gift that we should be celebrating each day. 
♥️


No comments:

Post a Comment