Monday, April 17, 2023

DEATH

My phone rang as I was sitting in the car, I didn’t realize the number as it came across the cars dashboard. 
As the call came in we were in the middle of talking about my friends mom. She is in the last stage of life and her family is close at hand. We were talking about how she had told her her children that their daddy was coming to see her. 
We were talking about death and how it is so different and strange and challenging. 
When my phone phone had rung, I took it out of my pocket, since I didn’t recognize the number on the dash. And there on the phone was my sweet friends name. I answered the phone and she sounded happy. She called to let me know that her mom had just passed. I told her we were just talking about her mom. How odd and interesting and what’s the word I’m looking for? I can’t find it. 
But my dear friend sounded so happy. I know the worry she has carried for a very long time, I know the time and effort she has put in for years. I know the family issues that have arisen in the wake of the inevitable. 
Yet, she sounded happy and light. I’m sure the relief has to be immense. Her mom is no longer suffering, she is free from all the medical issues. 
I love this sweet friend. Her mom has passed, it is not a sad event, but a time to celebrate! 

No comments:

Post a Comment