Friday, April 21, 2023

TAKING THE JOURNEY

Death can come at any time – arbitrarily and instantly. 
With this knowledge, how do you live? What do you do? How do you integrate that fact into your life?

seizing the day – carpe diem – and living an extraordinary life 

shape the future rather than simply let it happen

 “It was like the birth of the universe in my head,” he says. “All of a sudden I could see all the possibilities expanding out. It finally clicked: the actions you take really can affect your life.” Turcich 

“Because the world is complex and vast, and because my general temperament is pretty timid and more towards the shy side, I wanted to be forced into adventure. The point of adventure is it’s uncomfortable and you have to grow in it.“

 I ask if he found what he was looking for, he takes me back to that night under the stars in the Atacama, and the sense of his smallness in the universe. It made him feel insignificant but also feel that he could make a difference, albeit in little ways. “I came to the conclusion that it’s happiness. Happiness is the only currency for man. You try to be happy and try to create happiness. Happiness can mean a lot of different things and take a lot of different forms. But if you make the world a better place, you can leave behind gross happiness for your descendants.”

Tom Turcich


No comments:

Post a Comment