Tuesday, April 18, 2023

ALONG THE PATH

It was windy yesterday, and cool. I wrapped myself in my big black sweater as I drove the well worn country path. There are landmarks along my path: the fat happy cows, old barns, fields with horses and yards with chickens. Spring is working her magic and all the trees are in flower and unfurling all the shades of green. Along the way I pass the drive in (where you park on the grass and watch the double feature on lawn chairs). I pass ponds, farmers fields and darling country cottages. I pass the river several times along my path, with woods speckling throughout the farmland. Yesterday I watched a bald eagle float on the wind. He took advantage of the blustery morning and expertly rode the wind. It was a glorious sight.
I truly wish I could spend each day just enjoying the path, wherever it takes me. But yesterday I went to work, as I will today. And although I don’t anticipate seeing an Eagle every day, I will happily follow the path, wherever it takes me! 
I’m thankful for everything I see. 
I love where I live. 

Today: as I drove that same path to work this morning. I said hello to the fat happy cows and I enjoyed all the fields of yellow flowers and new shoots of green. But as I drove I saw that a bald Eagle was napping on the paved road. My heart was so sad. 
But I’m glad he soared on the wind just the day before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment