Saturday, July 3, 2021

DRIVE IN THE COUNTRY

 I love to go for drives. There is so much to see. 

It helps me put my life into perspective.

Yesterday’s drive took me past corn fields, soybean fields and tobacco fields. The fields and woods were so many shades of green. The air was cool, and the wind made the corn fields dance as the light of day turned to dusk. There were deer standing in the bean fields, big fat rabbits that ran for cover, long horn cattle, horses and goats. There were also dogs that gave chase as I passed by. There were people cutting their grass, clearing their ditches, tending their gardens, stoking their bonfires. There was a grandpa working on a truck and a momma rocking her baby on the front porch. There was laundry hanging on the line and smoke coming off the back-yard barbeque. I watched the sun set and one single airplane leave a vapor trail across the sky.

I love seeing the slowness of country life. It is so different from the city life I grew up with. I love everything about it. I like to watch the world pass by, take a deep breath, wave at a stranger and know that this is what life is truly all about.


No comments:

Post a Comment