Tuesday, July 20, 2021

THE COOKING CLASS

When I was a young mom, in my early twenties, my mother in-law invited me to take a cooking class with her. I had two tiny darling girls at home and their dad worked in another state. So I was starving for any form of adult outlet. So off the cooking class I eagerly went. The class was taught by a lady in her forties or so. She taught the class in her home. It was lovely and toy free. The class lasted a few weeks. It was fun, we always finished each class with dinner. 
I learned so many things, techniques, methods, pairings and what to have on hand for an impromptu dinner when the President drops by. 
I was in culinary in school (architecture too, but that’s another story) and all in all I think am a pretty stellar cook. But the lessons I learned there were invaluable. 
I have made the Stuffed Pork Loin for countless Church Christmas dinners, the simple but elegant Cherry Bomb dessert and the Perfect Crepe recipes for years. But I hadn’t looked at this cook book in years.
I was gifted huge zucchini the other day, and I knew just where to find the perfect recipe for Zucchini Boats. So tonight I made them! Still so yummy!





No comments:

Post a Comment