Saturday, July 24, 2021

DEATH

 Word got to me today, that one of my clients passed away. I’ll be honest, I was shocked. She was only 9 years older than me. She was loud and always in a hurry. I guess I just assumed she had a lot of years yet to go. 

I read an article about always keeping death in your peripheral vision. At first I didn’t like the article, But I have reread it several times since, and I agree now, keeping death in the peripheral line of sight helps to keep me moving forward. Death is inevitable, and even though we do not have a clue to our timeframe, we know it’s coming. There is no magic age at which we can slow down, or be done. Our end could come tomorrow or in 50 years from today. The author of the article said that she keeps a skull on her desk, to keep her perspective in the right direction. I have a huge list of things I still want to be able to check off before my time is up. Maybe it’s time to get a skull for my desk, to remind me to keep moving forward… there is no time to waste.




No comments:

Post a Comment