Sunday, April 15, 2012

Land of the Living

I think it is wrong that parents don't get the illness first. So we have more empathy and compassion when our little ones get sick. My kids had this cold thing for two weeks before I got it. Yes I tried to be Nurse Mom as best I could. Cookie kicked it right away. But by Mark's second week I chose to share the fun. I figured it was just a cold. Seven days and it would be gone......nope. The sore throat alone was killing me. But the pressure in my head was driving me up a wall. When a friend said I looked as bad as I felt I figure it wasn't getting better. So I called the Doctor. My son and I both got in Thursday afternoon. Massive sinus and acute throat infections. Between the two of us there where three antibiotics and an inhaler prescribed.
The sore throat is gone!!! But the head congestion and Rubber Cement in my chest caused me to spend today in bed. My sweet son picked up some blue goo for me on his way to work. I took the goo and another hot shower and for the first time in days I can breath with my nose! I don't feel well, but I think I will live.
I am grateful for my son and the blue goo. For the doctor and his wonder drugs, I am also very grateful to my sweet friend who kept me company all day. I just wish tomorrow wasn't Monday.

Do you think this blue goo would help my Tahoe?

No comments:

Post a Comment