Tuesday, April 10, 2012

2012 ~ 265

I do not have a green thumb.
I own one house plant. And I have had a love hate relationship with this poor plant from the beginning. I neglect it until it is on the verge of death, then I love it back to life. Then I fall into the same pattern.
My mother grew heirloom pear tomatoes and fairy tale eggplant. My foster mom grew the most amazing zucchini! I grew strawberries one year when my girls where teeny tiny. Other than that.....I grow grass pretty well. I also have the lemon and fig trees.
They are both doing better than ever this year!
I have tried my hand at herbs and some vine fruit. But I again have no green thumb! I have a friend who grows peppers. Another friend who just put in a raised bed to grow tomatoes. I have a friend who lives in gardening heaven, and puts in things like, broccoli and oh...50 strawberry plants. He is experimenting with growing potatoes in 5 gallon buckets. He just got a green house, I can't wait to see it!
All these great gardeners have inspired me. Although the whole gardening thing scares me, I figured I would give it another try. So I replanted the lovely flowers I bought, and the Valentines flowers that Amy gave me. I think they may just all pull through. If so...maybe I will try something edible!

No comments:

Post a Comment