Sunday, April 8, 2012

2012 ~ 266

Easter was different at my home this year. No one to hide eggs for, my youngest is no longer a little kid! Treasures came from me, no Easter rabbit required. No plastic eggs even came out of their hiding spot. I liked celebrating Easter this new, more mature way. 
And I didn't even mind celebrating a day early so Cookie could spend this year with her dad.
But as I lay in bed at 9am, basking in the odd feeling of sleeping in on Easter Morning, I am listening to neighbors having an Easter Egg Hunt in their backyard. There are lots of little children and lots of grown ones too. The excited sounds of finding hidden eggs and treats is so delightful! I love to hear the thrill and joy in those little voices, and the laughter and love in the grown ups! 
Yesterday was wonderful....but I long to play Grandma for Easter. To have the next batch of little ones to share the wonder with!

1 comment:

  1. whoa whoa whoa there sister cousin - instead of hiding chocolate and coins in eggs, consider lottery scratcher tickets. Your kids, and friends, would love to participate. No grand-kids required!!!

    ReplyDelete