Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Jessette

My college student.
She is weeks away from finished her bachelors! I can't even tell you how proud I am of her. Nor how happy she makes me. She can't see the light at the end of her tunnel yet, she is still busy wading through the muck. But from where I am sitting; being able to view her growth and accomplishments, her maturity, the example she sets for her siblings....
total proud parenting moment!!
Her world and stress level build, until melt down occurs. Her melt downs, to her, represent all that she has on her plate. To her mother, those melt downs represent her daughter becoming an adult; taking on the world, going through the pain of moving forward. As she is making life changes, amid the final weeks of school, I am again glimpsing what makes a mothers heart happy. It's not about doing everything with ease and perfection, it's not all about A's and BIG money. It's about moving forward, doing the hard things, picking and choosing what makes you You. I look at her and I see my little girl and my friend, but I also see a wonderful young woman.
She is amazing, so talented, brilliant, fun to be around, so delightfully charming, witty and wicked!!
My heart is full when I look at her...there isn't one thing I would change. She is perfect!
I love her!

No comments:

Post a Comment