Friday, March 23, 2012

2012 ~ 285

May I just preface this with....I AM SUCH A GIRL!
And I like it that way!

I know to watch my gauges, I check my fluids too!
At that point....everything is supposed to work right!
Right?
Two months ago I got new tires...
I plan on not having to work on that again for YEARS!
(I don't like that boy store)

Last Month I learned about break fluid, or shall I say...
what happens with the lack of it.

I have a little H2o issue in my car. I had hoped that if
I watched it and made sure the car was always
hydrated, all would be well. Not so true.

I now know a bit more........
like how the water runs through the
chambers in the engine. That cools the engine.
(How am I doing so far boys?)
And then the oil, that lubricates the engine,
runs through other chambers.
The two fluids never touch.
OR AT LEAST THEY ARE
 NOT SUPPOSED TO!

So when my temp gauge was getting warm
the other day I checked my H2o,
then while I was playing HeMan,
I checked my oil too.
Well, I know enough to know that
the oil is never supposed to be
such a creamy color!
And I made a call to my favorite mechanic!
I knew by the word that escaped his lips
that this was a bad thing.
Something about a seal, a head, a gasket.
All of these things are boy talk for ugly and bad.
But he came back with...
"Don't worry honey, we can fix it!"
He has changed my oil and oil filter, but some magic
car fairy dust somewhere, and he gave me boy homework.

So I do check my water levels and oil measurement on
the stick testing thingy every day until told other wise.
I report it to my guy and he says things like
"Great" and "That's Good".
I am not sure what to think about the
severity of the issue, but I know I  trust him with my
car and my life. And I love that he knows how to not
talk boy talk to me!!!

Thanks so very much  BW!



                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment