Saturday, March 3, 2012

2012 ~ 303

WICKED WEATHER
These photos are from 3/2/12

Weather like this has always fascinated me.
I learned about it in school, I watch it on tv.
But today it all became real for me.
As I sat comfortably in my office chair,
and someone I love lived through it.
I have always loved watching the weather,
tracking the storms.
But where I live we get very little weather change
 and it is seldom ever severe.
But today I watched with worry and prayers. 
Seeing the aftermath is always so surreal .
But waiting to hear that everything was okay,
that loved ones and neighbors were
accounted for, that homes were still
 in one piece, was very hard.  
In Phoenix, at school and work, we have to go through
the motions of disaster drills.
 Knowing that where we live, this is just a formality,
not a necessity.
Those I care for were in saferooms and basements,
 I thought about the children who were bused home
from school then brought right back
to keep them safe, I thought about the schools that are
no longer standing in the states that where effected,
I realized that I am sheltered from this reality.
I was scared.
And as I pulled more information and photos,
I said prayers of thanks for the safety
of those I love and care for,
but also prayers for those who live through this
and are effected by it.
Weather is amazing and can be so wicked.
I lucky to live somewhere with boring weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment