Friday, September 16, 2011

Quiet Reminders



A man came to my door today. He was colleting donations for the United States Mission. We chatted for a while. I listened to his story. I watched the way he moved, the look in his eye. I listened to the drawl in his voice. I asked him questions, about his family, his service. He apologized for what he was there for. I asked him not to. I told him I knew a man in North Carolina who is a wonderful man, who was given the opportunity to make changes in his life. And he took the opportunity, and is a great example because of it. I am so grateful for these opportunities, they give good people the chance to find themselves.
I made a donation. He gave me a receipt. I think the piece of paper with his name on it is worth so much more than the amount I gave him.

As I closed my door, and looked around at my home, again I realized that I am so very blessed. And that the choices I have made in my life have brought me to a place I am happy in. And that each person I welcome into my life is there for a purpose


Feel free to view my entry from Wednesday July 27th, 2011 "The Healing Place"






No comments:

Post a Comment