Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Life Lesson 101 with Mr. Biology

I was talking to a friend tonight. We were talking about life and the perspective we have from where we are now. He said "At the end of the day we have to play the hand we are dealt. And I know I have stressed about it at times. But have come to realize, I just need to make the best of the situation at hand."
I do agree with him....to a point. I do although think that if you are knee deep in muck every day, you need to change your surroundings! Eliminate the negative pollutants from your life. Perhaps start all over, from the ground up. Plot a new course.
My friends Father told him, "Just remember to not worry about the little things, and in the long run, most things are little things."  
My dearest cousin always says, about herself, "I am so blessed!" and gosh darn, she is truly the most amazingly blessed person I know.
So, perhaps there is happy to be found everywhere. We just need to live it. If we believe we are happy; with what we have, who we are, what we are dealt, we will be. We can not change all that we have been given, we do need to play the hand we have been dealt. But maybe, by letting go of the worry and stress of the little things, we can focus on the important things in life, the things that really matter. Making every day blessed and happy. (I need to remember this on an every day, every minute, time frame.)

No comments:

Post a Comment