Thursday, September 8, 2011

Todays Life Lesson

I often think that my life is very difficult. I whine.
To those who have taken the time to listen, I thank you. I am grateful for you.
Your friendship is so dear to me.

I need to remember that the trials in my life are not 'Mount Everest's' but only 'Camel Back' in size.
Although to me this is huge. In comparison, very small. Perhaps I need to view my life as a class room.
Each experience or trial is a learning event. And not a tragedy. That the life long learning process is complete only with death. These lessons may be leaving sore muscles and making life changes. But they have not, to this point, been devastating. Thus confirming that we are not given more than we can handle.

As of late I have watched friends deal with tragedy. One with a grown child that has mental challenges and the loss of her father. One friend has lost her mother to cancer. Another friend lost his mother within the last six months, now his brother to a senseless happening. And another dear friend who cares for dependent love ones with ailments that would overwhelm even the strongest of us.

Everyone around me deals with things daily that I am thankful are not my trials.
At the moment my trials are so trivial and pail in comparison. Yet I whine. For that I am sorry.

Do I smile along the path? Do I lift those around me? Am I a good friend?

I will work harder on this life lesson. Perhaps amid the hiccups I endure, I must forget my own stumbling blocks and cheer on those around me. They are my strength, my encouragement, my life mentors. Yet up to this point I have not done my best to be that for them.

I pledge, from here forward, I will be that friend I want to have. I will be that strength for someone else, the way I want it to be there for me. I will be a support and a cheer leader, I will be thoughtful and giving.
I will be the friend each of us is in need of.

No comments:

Post a Comment