Friday, September 30, 2011

My Day Off...

Today was my day off.
I woke up to my kids getting ready. I love spending school morning with them.
I tidied the house and did all the laundry. The fridge in the garage got cleaned and so did my bathroom.
Today is my son and his girlfriend's ' One Month Anniversary', so I took a special lunch to them at school.
I payed the rent and resigned the lease for another year.
As I drove down Camelback road I was amazed at how many things have changed. My grandparents had  lived around 59th Ave. and Camelback Rd. It was a super nice area when they built it. It was still nice when I was a kid. Not so much now, nope nope nope. All the businesses along there are different, run down, sad. Hundreds of memories went through my head. It was nice. There is a Home Depot on the lot where a camel once lived; I remember it spat at our car when I was little. Who knew they could be mean.
The vacant lot at about 30th is still vacant, still has a chain link fence around it. So odd that there was never anything there. I remember being 3 when my mother crashed the car into the fence. It has always seemed spooky to me. The bakery where my father took my brother and me when we were very little (the only good memory I have of him) is no longer there. The car dealership on the corner at 27th Ave is completely gone. My grandfather had made the giant fish aquarium that was in the lobby.
The restaurant near I17 called Sambo's  is still there, but it is vacant now. It was politically incorrect, I suppose. On the walls were pictures of the story of Little Black Sambo. I have never been able to find the art work that was in that cute restaurant, but I loved it.
I remember when I17 was two lane in each direction. I passed the little white chapel on the freeway. You can't see it very well due to the new structures they put up. I passed the street that my great grandparents lived on when I was tiny. I must have been 2.
I remember as a kid watching them build Metro Center Mall. It was HUGE. It was always so awesome to go to, with its ice rink and bazillians of stores. I remember cruising there as a teen. Going to Castles and Coasters to play mini golf on dates! Good stuff! I always got my golf ball on the freeway though. Oh well!
Now I don't go to Metro, it's a bit rough for me thank you.
I picked Jessette up from work, we went to the book store. Got some books I have been wanting; two Nora for steamy reading, Christmas gifts for Jessette, two birthday gifts for friends, and a few self help/fun books as well. I love book stores!!!
Then my girl and I went to lunch at Fudruckers. We had a very nice lunch, always nice to spend some time with each of my kids. I got some mom and me time in with both the younger kids earlier in the week. Happy stuff! I got to text with Emmaly today also, I miss her.
Meg went with her dad tonight. And Mark and Amy are doing dinner at the lake. I had hoped to go watch the high school football game tonight, it's a home game and the weather is great. But no takers.
So....instead, I blogged my day! Now I am going to go move the hose in the back yard, and then get cozy with Vera, Nora and Cheree!!  woohoo.... what a Friday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment